Confirming bank account

Chrissxuk
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to confirm bank account and PayPal say in info they will send 0.01p to your bank account with a code to confirm. What actually happened is they TOOK £1.00 from my account with a code that didn't even work. I am not very happy about this.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrissxuk

Sounds as if you added a 'debit card' rather than a 'bank account'.

Info in link.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-debit-or-credit-card-for-use-on-paypa...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chrissxuk
Contributor
Contributor

That's interesting because yes I did previously add my debit card because I was not happy with paying charges when sending money. I subsequently discovered that you get charges even with debit card and my bank account was not confirmed so not being used. I then attempted to confirm my bank account but never received a code so when the £1.00 went I assumed that was it. I have since deteted the debit card without using the code so maybe the £1.00 will be returned? I also deleted my bank account and set it up again and received the code which wotked. I have no idea why I never got the code previously maybe a glitch in the PayPal system as that bank account was added years ago.

Login to Me Too

Chrissxuk
Contributor
Contributor

Update to this. I deleted my bank account and added it again. This time they did send me 0.01p with a code that did work. I have no idea why I was charged £1.00 but as things stand I have a confirmed bank account and only 0.99p out of pocket. Maybe PayPal will refund it but I won't hold my breath. 

Login to Me Too

stewbobs12
Contributor
Contributor

they have done the same to me they take money out to comfirm bank not put it in, they are good at that

Login to Me Too

Chrissxuk
Contributor
Contributor

When I deleted my bank account, that was added years ago, then added it again all worked fine. But PayPal would not let me confirm that bank account previously. When I added another bank account, which is definitely a current account, PayPal decided it was not a bank account but a debit card so charged it. Now I find PayPal even charge me fees when paying friends via my bank account despite the fact they say you can avoid fees paying that way. PayPal is a faceless organisation who rake in millions but have no way to communicate. 

Login to Me Too

stewbobs12
Contributor
Contributor

they are absolutely bloody ridiculas

i cant get my money for 180 days because of limitations on my my account, someone on here said it was because they hold it for people making disputes, yet ebay have a returns policy in place for 30day returns. So people that i have sold to can basically wear items for 180 days then decide oh ill send it back. Paypal are just crap. Thousands of people on here have problems with account limitations and they cant get hold of there money.

Login to Me Too

stewbobs12
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay need to get rid of paypal and find other ways that people can pay through

Login to Me Too

Chrissxuk
Contributor
Contributor

Last time I sold on eBay they made PayPal a compulsory option. I didn't want to sell on eBay via PayPal because the eBay fees are ridiculous without having to add the PayPal fees. I had to add PayPal as an option then put in the sale details that I would not accept PayPal. It's ridiculous the fees PayPal charge especially back when they were actually owned by eBay!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.