Confirmed accepting money to wrong bank account number?

Hweinbe1
Contributor
Contributor

I typed the wrong bank account number leaving out one number by mistake and confirmed accepting money without realizing it. It says sent. I called customer support and they say there's nothing they can do the money has been sent. The bank account number does not exist because I was a number short of an actual bank account number so my bank won't give me money back they never got. What can I do. Please help it was over 1100 and it looks like I am just losing the money altogether now 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey @ Hweinbe1,

Thanks for asking your question in our Community.

I understand that you withdrew money to your bank but that a wrong bank number was provided. In these cases we can file a trace and request the bank for information and if they can refund the money back to us. It will depend om the response from the bank but we can always file a request for this. I would advise contacting us again to see if we can file a trace for you.

You can contact us if you click one the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page.

I hope we can help getting the money back for you.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.