Codes in card statements

kmetzger
Contributor
Contributor

Eight days ago, I discovered that spending and withdrawal limits were imposed on three of my credit cards. I was told to check my card statement for a code so that the cards could be confirmed. I assume the "card statement" can be found in my email. Those codes were never sent to my email address. I also checked card statements at PayPal but also found nothing. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Help appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmetzger 

I'm not talking about a paper statement from paypal. I am talking about a paper statement from your card issuer OR check your online card issuers website.

When you use a debit or credit card to spend money how do you check what you have spent and owe to your card? You check on your card STATEMENT so go to your card statement OR website and the codes on there.

Unless you are talking about a PAYPAL DEBIT or PAYPAL CREDIT issued card which you have not made clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmetzger 

The card statements are the paper ones you get every month from your card issuer with balance of what you have spent OR you can view your card online and find the card on your card issuers site.

https://www.paypal.com/mx/smarthelp/article/FAQ1948

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kmetzger
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a PayPal member for over 10 years and have never received a paper statement. I requested codes for my credit cards two weeks ago and have received nothing.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmetzger 

I'm not talking about a paper statement from paypal. I am talking about a paper statement from your card issuer OR check your online card issuers website.

When you use a debit or credit card to spend money how do you check what you have spent and owe to your card? You check on your card STATEMENT so go to your card statement OR website and the codes on there.

Unless you are talking about a PAYPAL DEBIT or PAYPAL CREDIT issued card which you have not made clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kmetzger
Contributor
Contributor

Finally! Now I know to look for the code on my card issuer's website. I got the code from one issuer but not from the other one. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.