Closure of account

Katrina0
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, I signed up for a PayPal account back in 2016 with the wrong country. I have transcacted with it once, there were no problems. Only recently that i wanted to transfer money that i realised i made a mistake. Now i want to close my account but there is a balance. I just want to know how i can withdraw the money. I've talked with customer agents and waited for 7 business days but no feedback.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katrina0 

Unlikely if you can't add a bank account or card from your own country linked to that account.

But only customer services can help you really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katrina0 

Unlikely if you can't add a bank account or card from your own country linked to that account.

But only customer services can help you really.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Katrina0
Contributor
Contributor
When i link my cards, am being told funds can't be transferred to that card. Talked to customer service it has been a month waiting for feedback. Simple task to transfer funds from my US account to Kenyan account. That's all
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katrina0 

Nope not a simple task as you had no right to a U.S paypal account in the first place, and as you would never be able to verify it then you may well have lost your funds.

Paypal are not going to transfer funds from an unverified paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.