Closing business and paypal account, trying to get no release date funds.

salesminingrigs
Contributor
Contributor

So I've read through the entire reserves page, reviewed, all content, and have gotten very very frustrated with customer support or the non-existence of customer support so came to vent here to see if I should just have my lawyer file for small claims.

Several years ago, we were doing a lot of business on ebay, with the pandemic and everything else, that fell off.  At some period several years ago, paypal took and held onto 10k usd, a "Jumpstart reserve": I'll quote it straight from there site:

• Jumpstart reserve is when funds are held from your available balance immediately.
    • For example, if we make the determination to keep a $10K jumpstart reserve and there is $20K in the PayPal account balance, $10K is moved to reserves straight away

The problem is, every time I talk to someone on the phone, they can't 'find' where this balance is for the reserve. I haven't had any transactions on PayPal since March of this year, and intent to have ZERO future transactions, as I'm trying to close this business.  I need to get that 10k back so I can finalize my taxes with my accountant and close down the business properly.  I have yet to get someone on the phone or via support who can even find what I'm talking about, even though under my money page, it clearly shows 10k USD, with no release date.  I would assume that closing the account would be a reason for a release date as PayPal would have no further liabilities with me.  If that's 3 months from now, FINE, that's 180 days since any account activity, fine, lets do that, but I can't even talk to someone competent enough to acknowledge that PayPal has 10k of my dollars even though I can clearly see if under my hold account.  Who in the world can I call, email, harass, sue, to compel paypal to get these funds pending a release date / period / time / some acknowledgement of the existence of this hold, and that I'm closing the account and want it paid out.  

anyone know of any good back office emails I can contact that isn't tier 1 support that has NO IDEA what a jumpstart reserve is / doesn't have the ability or competence to access it?

Anyways super frustrated and **bleep** off, would like to see this escalated.  I really don't want to pay my attorney to have to file for a lawsuit because PayPal can't provide by any means a competent level of customer support.

reserve.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JKBAILS
New Community Member

Were you able to resolve?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.