Closing account/bank not listed due to change of address and State

LauraR6
New Community Member

Good afternoon,
I have a problem concerning the closure of my account and withdrawl of money.
I opened my PayPal account back in 2014, while living in Canada, although I was using an italian credit card linked to my account.
After coming back to Italy, I discovered I could not change my address or any other info, so the only way to to so, it would have been to close this account and start a new one using the same credit card.
If I try to withdraw the money I have left, PayPal asks me to link a bank account, but my bank is italian and is not listed, not even if I click on "I have a different bank", cause the only options are either from banks set in Canada or the United States.
I don't know what to do, I understand it's a complicated situation so I'm asking you what can I do to proceed and fix this.
I alwso sent an email to cutomer service but I wanted to see if anyone found themselves in a similar situation.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LauraR6

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved as you have found out.

Only customer services can help you this now unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.