Class action lawsuit, forcing currently exchange

Enoughisenough1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, We run a business that gets paid only in USD. Our company and PayPal accounts are based in the EU, but we have a USD bank account which is linked to our PayPal account. However, PayPal is forcing us to convert the USD to Euro before we can withdraw the funds to our bank account. The reason is obvious - so they could **bleep** us on the conversation and exchange rate. We refuse to convert the funds, and after asking them to change their policy more than 10 times but being refused, we have no choice but to file a class action lawsuit. If you'd like to join our lawsuit please DM or leave your details as a comment.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enoughisenough1 

In the PayPal User Agreement, it says that when you withdrawal funds that are not your PayPal account's home currency, PayPal does a currency conversion. Linking a USD bank account won't work and causes double conversions. If you want to withdrawal in USD currency, link an actual US bank account.

"You may only withdraw the balance in the opening currency of your account or such other currency that PayPal supports for withdrawal in your registered country/region. In order to withdraw the balance in your account which is held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to the opening currency of your account, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal. PayPal's transaction exchange rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Enoughisenough1
Contributor
Contributor
I have my own Terms & Conditions, they say that when a monopoly is trying to **bleep** me over using "it's in our terms and conditions" defense, I sue them. There is no technical or technological or legal reason for what they're doing, it's just greed. We will NOT convert our money, and we will pursue this legally. If you want to join please contact me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.