Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

yedidiahjs

So what do we do? They holding our money so that can make interest while we cant pay our bills. A class action law suit is the best option. They place numbers in our account while they use our money to make more money and give us absurd terms and no reason for closing and hold for a year. It has to be criminal. 

Login to Me Too

Shulerslawn
Contributor
Contributor
After holding money, they still charged me a fee on top of it.
Login to Me Too

Captain7Geronim
Contributor
Contributor

Sick and tired of those BS holds. I'm broke and I need to put the money that I earned from E-Bay into my bank account to make ends meet. 21 days is almost an entire month. Without the money, i might as well be on the streets. Those **bleep** need to give us our money ASAP once buyer buys something on E-Bay. I want that money to go straight to my bank account from Paypal in just a few seconds. 

Login to Me Too

Adamchawchaw
New Community Member
I was lied to several times by representatives and supervisors, I lost a lot of customers with my online business and had to refund them. I now have bad reviews online and have lost a lot of money. Seems like PayPal randomly holds a transaction, I understand that in banking transfers however 21 days is a little excessive. I would love to join a class action lawsuit where do I go from here
Login to Me Too

Jacobs4491
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me on Friday, March 29. I was notified that my account had been arbitrarily closed permanently. I tried reaching out to PayPal via their customer service department but received no explanation as to why this action had been taken. I was given the contact information for the legal department, but am not able to send them a written letter, as I'm a freelancer currently living outside of the US.
For now, I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have included a link to this forum in my complaint, which will hopefully bolster my (our) case. I am interested in further legal recourse if PayPal's response to my BBB complaint isn't satisfactory (if I'm not given access to my account again). Will be following this thread either way, though.

Login to Me Too

Temp20240123br
Contributor
Contributor
We really need to get the word out to have people stop using PayPal and put them out of business. Make a big deal out of it. Bring them to this thread. Enlighten them. File as many BBB complaints as possible. I really wish we could get the media/news to pick it up.
Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to my mother and I with holds on our accounts for 6 months until we can access our money. We don't know how were going to pay some bills now! We're both in whatever we can do to fight this! Paypal has already had a class action lawsuit against them 2 years ago for exactly the same practices they are now doing us.
Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
My mom and I just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau(BBB) and heard back from them the next day and PayPal has until May 4th to reply to the claim. We'll see what happens. I suggest everyone here do the same...if they see that they're doing this to a lot of PayPal customers may help us get our money back quickly.
Login to Me Too

Jason-111
Contributor
Contributor

How to sue them, paypal does not give me reason and shut down my account. How to do class action to sue it

Login to Me Too

Baba7
Contributor
Contributor

O, my gosh. I wish I could learn about it before having deal with PayPal. They even do not allow me to add my bank to PayPal account to get money into my bank. They blocked my PayPay debit card too. This is difficult to vocalize what they are capable of. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.