Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Kayk0re
Contributor
Contributor
Posting here to follow this thread
Login to Me Too

trixy622
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't been able to withdrew my money since 19 November 2018 until 3 of January 2019 though I tried every second day and spoke to them for half an hour at least daily, as well as to my bank, now I can't pay my telephone bill and in the end I created a Pay Pal account in a friend's name who gave me his bank account number and so we succeeded. I had no Xmas and no New Year but a nervous breakdown instead. They were enjoying themselves in writing me e-mails about successful transfer to my bank account, an employee tried to transfer it to my debit card and a day later I received an e-mail transfer failed. They've been doing this to me for a month and a half. They would really deserve a lawsuit. One thing is sure: I'll avoid them as far as possible in the future. Klara Matyas

Login to Me Too

ElizabethGrant2
Contributor
Contributor
I will definitely join you.What info do you need from me.Here is my messaging number.Please feel.free to text me about any info.
Login to Me Too

ElizabethGrant2
Contributor
Contributor

I will join in this law suit.Here is my message number.Feel free to message me about any info needed. <removed>.Im sick of paypal.There is $1500 in my account that I cant do anything with.I have sent all documents via upload and fax.I still.get told I have to wait eveytime I call or chat with them.Enough is Enough.Just let me know what you need.

Login to Me Too

Bigpoppalimejui
New Community Member

They delay everything! we should nail these dirt bags! They dont follow any of their rules and commit fraud on the daily. I am in

Login to Me Too

Usalabs
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone finds a pro bono lawyer, then I'm in.

Being that PP is situated in California, anyone has to be a multi billionaire to sue anyone there, hence the need for a pro bono lawyer.

Login to Me Too

Jenny1313-
Contributor
Contributor

I'm starting to question PayPal's shady move, especially because phone verification doesn't seem to be working at all, not to mention they hold onto other people's money because o silly fees. I'm betting the employees at PayPal either don't seem to care about a lawsuit or are too afraid to admit their obvious wrongdoings.

I'm trying to seek a PayPal alternative that are not thieves and truly care for their customers. I hope they're forced to relinquish half of their million dollars to the people who can't receive their money for a variety of reasons.

PayPal, if you're reading this, you can't avoid an imminent lawsuit looming over your heads. Even your most valued customers have grown fed up with your unethical actions.

Login to Me Too

Vincegyges
Contributor
Contributor

I have a major problem with Paypal as well. Problem is about $4,300 worth of unauthorized charges they've made on my account. They've reversed some charges and keep telling everyone (the police since I filed a report and my bank who initiated a dispute) that they're working with me and reversing the charges when in fact only a portion of them were originally refunded. The majority of the charges still stand.

Please contact me as soon as you get this going.

Login to Me Too

gripthis
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is a criminal organization that allows people using fake addresses, and false account information to open PayPal accounts to cheat PayPal merchants. We had first hand experience with PayPal fraud and filed "U.S. Mail Fraud" charges against the fake PayPal customers. Two of the five have been arrested so far. PayPal knows this is going on, and does nothing to stop it. We got rid of PayPal and just used our credit/ debit card merchant account. This weeded out the bottom feeders, and completely eliminated fake return problems. Get a credit/ debit card merchant account. Any merchant that accepts PayPal payments from PayPal criminals is just asking for trouble.

Login to Me Too

ElizabethGrant2
Contributor
Contributor
I cant do it financially.And I cant find any pro bono lawyers that will take take the case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.