Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

AaronWhite81
Contributor
Contributor
I want to also sue They have 836$ of mine I have :hundred_points: % seller feedback and was even told by paypal to continue as normal and they will have things taken care of in 72 hours well none the less that did not happen and they stole my money without reason not a single case open on me nothing They did it out of spite because I was angry and telling them they are wrong for holding my available money Anyways it’s theft and I want to sue please sign me up contact me I want to join this law suit They have a cover up to run you around and waste your time . Front line desk agents made to only tell you nothing and back desk office who makes judgement and then they will not tell you anything except to write a paper letter to the security office It’s a cover up to hold money longer . It is a scam Paypal has been compromised and now is resorting into scamming holds onto accounts and collecting huge numbers from clients then collecting interest on these seized accounts. That’s fraud. They also provide no explanation in most cases . As in mine they have no explanation. Just a big fu to me. And I payed them a fee
Login to Me Too

mlr_solutions
Contributor
Contributor

IMO (based on having an active Paypal account for about 18 years...yes, eighteen=almost 2 decades..

Paypal is likely the most fraudulent, poorly managed large "financial" company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Recently (past year or so) Paypal's horrific customer service (Lack Of!),

has reached a level of severity, I can no longer ignore.

Problem is when I research online, for what is next level for my complaints, I'm brought to useless (google) pages that seem sponsored by Paypal, themselves!

---> Anybody know what the next level for a formal complaint AGAINST PAYPAL COMPANY is, for fraudulent practices (yes, stealing and using our money interest free,

in addition to several other deceptive and anti-consumer practices)...??

Mastercard, FTC, Consumer Affairs? 

The simple fact that Paypal is NOT a bank, and is NOT monitored or held to widely accepted practices + laws, for banks and credit card companies, is a red flag I should not have ignored for so many years.  

(I'll post more details on the specific issues/problems I have against Paypal later).

A shame, I was unable to locate this type of information here, all by myself - Other than obvious, Paypal themselves block or hide those kinda posts - to make it more difficult for people like me to formally report THEM= Sad 😞  But, I will not give up...

Because, if Paypal wants to pretend to be like a BANK / credit union/ loan processor /merchant account, credit/debit card issuer etc.

I AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT THEM TO BEHAVE (responsibly + honestly), just like all I mentioned, almost always do, (WITH OUR MONEY).

Example: My bank + credit union only allows debit Mastercard holds to remain for only 2 days...But,

Paypal now states we must allow 30 days for a hold (e.g. refundable hotel deposit) to be released!

The hotels say they settled bill and released it, and Paypal says they will not release my $ (for 30 days!)= Scammy. Likely also fraudulent. (Keeping my money on a deposit that was settled/completed/refundable. I even a couple of times did 3 way call with merchants accounting dept. and Paypal, where they clearly instructed Paypal to release the funds,

even faxed Paypal's required form for release, and Paypal STILL HELD THE MONEY for WEEKS!!!

MULTIPLE other examples of Paypal's fraudulent use and handling of our money,

both as a long term seller, buyer and (Paypal) debit cardholder,

I'll add later.

Login to Me Too

protim69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am going through a County Court in the UK over PayPal,s Freezing my Account since May 2015,refusing to Process payments for items I have bought on eBay in 2014,2015 and 2019. Why is this American company Allowed to treat consumers with Contempt.Laws with Contempt,Court Orders with Contempt.At a hearing recently a Order was made by the Court and PayPal had to respond to that Order by 25 November 2019,Guess what? yes PayPal Refused to comply with that Court Order,I believe its called Contempt of Court?, So a number of sellers on eBay are Not getting the right price for their Goods,eBay have been aware of this problem,but due to the revenue PayPal make,s for eBay,why would eBay consider the Consumers Rights?

Login to Me Too

ssbatarseh
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal failed to inform me about the type of activity that triggered the account freeze on my payment... this is 12/31/2019.. still going on.

Login to Me Too

ginaherms
New Community Member
At $100 transfer put on hold last night I transferred money to my bank using that same debit card number I don't know how many times never had a problem so I just don't understand the need to put a hold on that money now
Login to Me Too

RandolphPosh7
Someone broke into my account and deleted my savings account please fix now as I was unable to read the savings account and your error caused my account to fail and go into a negative balance and now it's not allowing me to add the account which was illegally removed...
Login to Me Too

Warriorchild
New Community Member
I have A couple problems with PayPal, the first problem is when I tell them to use a certain credit card to pay for something and then they go and use my bank account. This becomes a problem when I don’t have the money in my bank account and then I am accessed an overdraft fee by my bank, not just 1 ODF but 2 because PayPal will try a second time to collect the funds and they have told me a few times that they have No control over the attempted charges. My second problem is the same as everyone else on her, they have held a few of my payments for weeks.
Login to Me Too

KP1993
New Community Member
I’m definitely interested in joining a Class Action Lawsuit.
Login to Me Too

BrandyB79
Contributor
Contributor
COUNT ME IN! THEY LEFT US ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH NO WAY TO GET FOOD OR GET HOME THEN CAUSED ME TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET MY FRIEND TO HER DYING GRANDSON AND NOW IS COSTING MY FIANCE HIS JOB
Login to Me Too

Hex_101
Contributor
Contributor
We need to keep this thread alive. I'm researching lawyers at the moment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.