Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Hyper6608
Youll have to call paypal, my friend had $3800 of his held by paypal when his account got shut down but he got it back in a day
Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
How did this work out for your mother and you? This just happened yesterday 3/31/19 to my mom and I as well. Did the both of you finally get your money back? Any advice would be deeply appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mikeperz1968
Contributor
Contributor
We need one filed same thing happened to me yesterday.
Login to Me Too

Mikeperz1968
Contributor
Contributor
Lets do it
Login to Me Too

misspat0716
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had it with PayPal.  I recently made a sale and was informed they were holding my funds for up to 21 days.  This was 29 days ago.  After researching my account I realized that when the money was released wasn't released to me but absorbed into my account.  I'm not sure if that's even legal but I don't agree with that practice.  I'm in for a lawsuit!  Meanwhile, I will no longer be accepting PayPal payments.

Login to Me Too

Suitelady
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to find a lawyer who will be willing to help with a new class action lawsuit. PayPal are helping other scammers to scam us!
Login to Me Too

bridgitpierce
Contributor
Contributor
please let me know when you have u would like to participate in this
Login to Me Too

Mohammedaa
I'm overseas in Qatar and had promises made to me over the phone and through customer service on opening a business account with paypal Insert looooooooong story here End result is my account is frozen after providing the right documentation several times over, months later and I still have 13K USD stuck in the account. After today's phone call where the lady said I'll call you back. I asked if I can have your direct line she responded I said I would call you back that means I will and don't try to call as I'm the only one currently with your file open... She is yet to call Sounds familiar Point is I really feel at the mercy of whatever happens... No sense of protection, not from PayPal... It could be worse like simply closing but not being able to touch or move things is frustrating when yes this was hard earned value that you can see... Should I just write it off??? Anyone can advise on how to pursue the matter? Also I tried to call the lawyer number posted on here a couple of times trying to do a class lawsuit action... Says the number is unavailable Regards Mohammed
Login to Me Too

timoiski2007

Count me in on that. I'll help in any way I can to make this possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.