Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

ElizabethGrant2
Contributor
Contributor
Dont forget to message me a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]I would love to join you in this law suit.
Login to Me Too

hgcyfcig
Contributor
Contributor

Hey! I am from Romania, currently living in Poland and I have a similar issue. I have tried to withdraw my money and they said my account was ”limited” because there were ”too many transactions” (2 transactions are apparently too many). I have updated all the info requested and now when I try to withdraw my money I get an error saying they are not able to process the transaction at the moment & please try again later. It's been doing that for two days... It's really frustrating not being able to get my money when I need them... Also, does anyone have any other options for online transactions? Have you maybe used Payoneer and can give any feedback? Thx! 

Login to Me Too

naspahn
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a 2019 lawsuit against pyapal? They are holding my money and it may cause me to get evicted.

Login to Me Too

Karilyn3
Contributor
Contributor

Ok guys. 291 people have had the same issues. Hav all day f those filed with bbb? I know it seems poi tless to most people but i see it differently. Nothing will chamge if ee dont tqke a stand. Up agwinst their bad business decisions. DONT BE AFRAID TO FILE AGAISNT THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE A LARGE BUSINESS. THE ONLY THING THWY COULD DO TO IS CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT 

IT TOOK e a WHILE TO SRATT CONFONTING THEM.

the worst they could is shut off your acct and would that really be so bad? Afterall, dont we all want to  stop doing busineess with them? 

So please if you are one of the 291 people who are having  the sam issue FILE A REPORT WIYH BBB!!!!

how do we go about finding a lawyer?

Login to Me Too

slovakdentist
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i have same problem with paypal more then 2 weeks.. Send all documents and still nothing.. And at this time still wrote me Technical problem to send documents and get me to overview.  Very confused. I have money there and can make nothing.. Sorry for my english is not so good. I have one question what is BBB. Thanks

Login to Me Too

ElizabethGrant2
Contributor
Contributor
BBB is The Better Business Bureau.I have already filed a complaint with them against paypal.We need to flood them with complaints against pay pal.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
They have done me the same way... They have suspended my account. On grounds of. Nothing factual....then nerve to say the holding my funds for 6months then the will email me on how to get it...im seeking legal action..i cant allow this to happen to anyone else. And i need compensation
Login to Me Too

bluebin
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as you. I have many transfers delayed right now. It sucks and I want my money.

Login to Me Too

Shulerslawn
Contributor
Contributor
I have a landscape and grading company. I invoice my customers via paypal. They pay a deposit, and thenonce done, they'll pay the rest. Paypal has started holding my funds for 21 days for buyer protection. Wven my customers have called them saying everything is good and they still don't release my money. I'm looking into switching to square because I have payroll and materials that I have to pay for.
Login to Me Too

Perri_64
Contributor
Contributor
They have done me the same way
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.