Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

tcaldera97

Is this lawsuit still going on because I am furious right now. They are holding my funds till the item is delivered to "protect" me. They say the activity in my account is unusual even though I sell on ebay regularly. I am so frustrated. I can't any of MY money!

Login to Me Too

gutterhelmetjoe
Contributor
Contributor
I know this is late but I would surely join in as well they’re literally a pack of thieves.
Login to Me Too

reinhart97
Contributor
Contributor

So as of November 1st, with no warning or notice sent to paypal members, Paypal has changed their refund policy. The below bullet point from their current FAQ page.. thats right, I said current as in they haven't even updated their documentation, policy has been changed stating that they will immediately return the refund to the bank account from which it came which allows them to sit on the money for another 5 to 7 business days. This is absolutely absurd and Paypal must be stopped!! Please let me know if you have already started a class action. 

• If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account balance. After you’ve received the refund, you can transfer the money from your PayPal balance to your bank account or eligible debit card. You can also use the money for future purchases through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

BonnMac
Contributor
Contributor
Wow. Thanks for this. It only takes them a moment to take our money out of our account so it should be able to be returned just as fast! What's with the delay? We know they have the capability so it's rediculous. I got paid last week and they sat on my money 10 days before giving it to me , only after I'd called my company and they Called PayPal for me to complain! Now this too.
Login to Me Too

Roberth92
New Community Member
They withheld two 300.00 payments today. It’s from my parents trying to help me get some protection equipment for my new job. Now I get to roll into my new job without my proper list of needs. Hope I keep my job!
Login to Me Too

Jeezy20
Contributor
Contributor
Hey at least they teamed up with Walmart.. Get a BitPay visa Shift Card or the Cash App....and forget these jokers ...I’d say use Venmo but PayPal owns them and will ruin that too
Login to Me Too

MelodiDawn102
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is in possession of more then $3200 of mine and continues to give me excuses of why there is a hold now I just got a list of all kinds of crazy demands including six months of my personal bank statements this is crazy
Login to Me Too

scottbburg
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like they are trying to verify that funds didn't in fact make it to your account. However, this seems like an invasion of your privacy. They should be able to confirm with the bank that monies were not delivered without requiring a detailed transaction list dating back 6 months.

Login to Me Too

Kimtharp6911
New Community Member
They are holding my money for 180 days. Claiming I'm in violation of their policy but won't tell me how I violated it. I know several people that have had the same experience. I'm all for a suit. There is no telling how much interest they are making off other people's money
Login to Me Too

Danw0809
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has no issues holding funds for whatever reason anymore. It's to the point that it affects my eBay account enough to cause a suspention. When you call either one, they lie and avoid questions at all costs. I've literally been told 5-7 different reasons for why they hold money by only 2 calls! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.