Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

rashij
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a big-time problem with them.  Just got off the phone again after wasting another over two hours of my time. This was my final call to them for now.  I have been promised  by them that they will solve this and provided some light on, but only after I was being aggressive with them and when I mentioned that I am having enough and told them I am tired and it's easy to take them to court to get a firm answers - only when they reacted and provided some guidelines. So If I don't get the result in my favor as I have all the proofs that how they are not doing there job and wasted my time -- I am looking into filing a lawsuit. In another 16 days to a month( as they have promised) I should have an answer from them if not - I am going to drag them into court. I will be happy to look into the option of class action. 

@Annie1989 wrote:
Hi. I'm also having a problem with Paypal. Can we talk thru email?

Login to Me Too

angelmom
Contributor
Contributor

Ive been receiving threats in the NOTES section of payment request. And its PP fault they never got money!!

Called PP and it was USELESS.

I didnt even want to use PP, the buyer did! 

Login to Me Too

Thisismelp
New Community Member

How to participate on this?

Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

If in United States call or text this attorney <removed>.  PayPal was recently sued for these very same practices See Zepeda v. PayPal.   

Login to Me Too

debbasue52761
Contributor
Contributor

I have started a FB page called We Hate Paypal! I have been reading all of your stories and agree that this nonsense has to end! If we can get enough people interested, maybe we can get a class action lawsuit started! This is the second time I have posted this so I hope people are seeing it, but I don't know if Paypal will allow it or not! Go to FB! Tell others to go to FB! We need to bring these greedy people down!

Login to Me Too

jenniecp52
Contributor
Contributor

Just going to find you on facebook

Login to Me Too

Annie1989
Contributor
Contributor
Am also having problems with paypal. Can we talk thru email?
Login to Me Too

smoke1420
New Community Member

I have been fighting with them over charges  on my bank statement over $150.00 worth for facebook games it says & its NOT even my facebook I have gave no onemy information They CLOSED it said non refundable ARE YOU KIDDING ME THIS IS ILLEGAL WE SHOULD & CAN START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AS IF ITS FRAUD HOW IS IT NOT REFUNDABLE HOW DO YOU GET THEY ARE AUTHORIZED CHARGES WHEN CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAVE DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING NOT TO MENTION THESE CHARGES MADE MY ACCOUNT GO IN THE NEGATIVE SO NOW OVER DRAFT FEES AND THEY ARE NOT MINE SO THEY GONNA OWE ME WAY MORE THAN THIS WHEN IM DONE---here is a link to a settlement with paypal 

https://www.accountholdsettlement.com/

Login to Me Too

Meems
Contributor
Contributor

I HATE THIS COMPANY WITH A PASSION I DID NOT KNOW EXISTED. I WISH EVERYONE WOULD SIGN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT THAT EVER DEALT WITH THEM. THEYRE THE BIGGEST SCAM RUNNING. AND HOW THEYRE ALLOWED TO STILL BE IN BUSINESS IS BEYOND ME. I HOPE GOD PUTS AN END TO THEIR DISGUSTING TACTICS. AND THEY GO DOWN IN FLAMES. NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THEIR ILLEGALITIES.

Login to Me Too

NicolasGian
I am also on board about suing paypal. I have been calling them 5 days in a row and no solution. I have received money from a friend and paypal won't let me withdraw the money into my account. 3 times the ve said they need 21 hours to reboot the system and three times nothing has happened and I can't withdraw the money. I just finished talking on the phone to them, they said again to wait for 24 to 48 hours. When I asked who is the president or the ceo of paypal they said that they will call me back. Every time they said that my account was fine. But clearly its not fine. They didn't even let make a payment for an air ticket. So they are holding the money and they said there is nothing they can do. So I'm up for a lawsuit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.