Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

debbasue52761
Contributor
Contributor

Please let me know if you do this!! I am soooo sick of Ebay and Paypal's policies concerning the release of money! Two months ago I was waiting for a refund that took almost a month to resolve. Then they held my money for another month!!! And I didn't even get the full refund! Talking to someone who can't speak the King's english and puts me on hold for a half hour is irking the heck out of me! I hope you do this! It will serve them right for thinking they can treat people like so much dog crap on the bottom of their shoes!!!

Login to Me Too

debbasue52761
Contributor
Contributor

They must not have liked my reply because they didn't print it! However, please let me know about this lawsuit!! I'm in!!

Login to Me Too

debbasue52761
Contributor
Contributor

Ben: They won't let me post anything, but if you get this, I will join the lawsuit!!

Login to Me Too

CarbonKing

Let's get a chat session going to spearhead this in the proper direction, they have messed with my business so many times with these BS holds and lies and setbacks to being told to **bleep** off in a sense. I'm absolutely serious about joining a class action, how do we go about establishing communication? They almost ruined my business with unwarranted and unexplainable holds with being told "it's the system" to me responding "it's a system you **bleep** designed" then lastly being told "is there anything else you need help with today" and they way customers are now days majority agree to PayPal only not knowing the **bleep** merchants have to go through, AND they are getting 2.99% cut on every payment and still showing hostility towards merchant funds

Login to Me Too

EJC2
New Community Member

Count me in as well. I received an international transfer of $1690 CAD and accepted an amount at their already degraded exchange rate ($1263 USD) on 8/6/18. By accepting this amount, I actively rejected the option of opening a PayPal account in the Canadian currency that would leave me vulnerable to the volatility of the currency market. Despite this fact, they delayed the transfer for 8 days and then reneged on the agreed amount and posted an amount that corresponded with the lower exchange rate of 8/14/18. As far as I'm concerned, they had a legal obligation to transfer the agreed amount and are currently in violation of that contract.

Login to Me Too

Kissymy
yep I will join in with you. my husband and I fell on some hard times until his house sold. all of his friends from a skate group decided to help us out but in order for that to happen I had to have a PayPal account. so I go ahead and I open up the PayPal account. I verified my account I even uploaded my passport. then I called them to find out why everything was on hold and why my account was not working. So I had to do a verification over the phone asking me a series of questions.So I answer them an ad passed it so she oked everything and everything was working and money was coming in from our friends n family tohelp us and i tryed to withdraw it n kept getting a error message. We really need this money!! Well its been 4 days of runarounds on phone n finally i get someone today that speaks English n said my security questions failed!!! So now I have to wait till tomorrow...I don't understand what happened and customer support couldnt even tell me!! Why have customer support if they cant over ride the system? I think pay pal is very dishonest and ya im all for suing you paypal! Start treating customers right n stop the stupidity.
Login to Me Too

brookrenwick

I was paid 2 x $200 AUD payments and the money just didn't appear in my account. According to PayPal the money takes 30 days to be sent to my bank account. This has never happened before. 3 days at the most. PayPal just don't care.

Login to Me Too

gripthis
Contributor
Contributor

Okay people. Before you file a lawsuit consider this. Lawsuits are slow. There is a remedy for illegal acts by PayPal. I served as a judge for the State of Florida Department of Business, and Professional Regulation. It is the judicial arm of the State of Florida Secretary of State, and regulates all businesses foreign, and domestic doing business in the State of Florida. It's tied into the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Every state has one. When PayPal wants to do business in a state it MUST register with that state's Division of Corporations. In doing so PayPal agrees to abide by the laws of that state.

That is who you want to file a complaint with first. PayPal will face an administrative hearing within usually 90 days. Florida's Division of Corporations would take a very dim view of what PayPal is doing holding money, and would hammer them pretty good with fines. If the state finds PayPal guilty you now have a finding of fact, then file your lawsuit and request a summary judgement in your suit as PayPal has already been found guilty. Then it's just a matter of the damages you win from PayPal.

PayPal just paid out 4 million dollars in a class action suit. So it will be obvious to any court PayPal has not learned its lesson. The PayPal organization appears to have a criminal mindset. I will find out in the next 48 hours if I will end up filing criminal charges against PayPal for "mail fraud" as well as interstate commerce fraud, if they don't correct their outrageous conduct regarding a certain matter. PayPal's lower tier "Customer Service" is simply a bureaucratic jump through hoop process designed to discourage customers.

Login to Me Too

Sabrinajackson2
Contributor
Contributor
Please help what can I do? If anyone does file a Vivian suite let me know. I just sent PayPal this email. ——- My account was limited y’all asked for Y bank statement and copy of my ss card I sent that. Now I am told my account is canceled and I can not get my money for 6 months. When I ask why just told Yal thought could be fraudulent activity. And you have the right to do this. I just went though your rules and it says you can hold my money if I violated acceptable user police when I went though that police I have not done anything to violate that and if you thought I did why did you ask for my ss and bank statement that I sent why did you. It just close it right then ? I want and need my money. I am asking to please release my money. This is not right. If you feel you can. It or will not release it no I can not wait 6 months I am sick and need my money. If I have to I will take this to court. I want to give PayPal a chance to do the right thing and release my money since per your own Guide lines I have done nothing wrong and have corporates and sent you all info you asked for. Thank you Sabrinajackson2 Email is with yahoo
Login to Me Too

BBennett43
Contributor
Contributor
Something needs to be done. This is BS. They need to be held accountable. Please include me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.