Check cashing service horrible

Tmoss32
Contributor
Contributor
I was so happy when I saw that PayPal offered a check cashing service. I use my paypal almost as much as my bank account and also live in a rural area so banking etc involves a hour drive to the near by town. I was able to cash two checks no issues and the one time I desperately needed to utilize the service it out of no where decided not only to deny my check, but also close my check cashing service through ingo all together!? The check I was attempting to deposit was from the same person, same bank, for only 200 dollars. When I called PayPal they told me it was because I hold a PayPal business account and that check cashing isn’t offered to business account holders. I was then instructed to open a personal account with a different email to bypass the issue. Totally inconvenienced I did just that only to be denied again and my account closed due to security?? That is only the beginning of my frustration with this service. I had referred my sister to try pay pal and she enrolled in a personal account with a prepaid MasterCard. We had driven an hour and a half to the city to shop for her 4year olds bday party she tried the service for the first time no knowing my issues with the service. The check was approved and she was notified to void her check. After she VOIDED in huge letters with pen it messaged her that pay pal denied the check!? After calling PayPal and talking to a rep that only repeats that it is ran from a different company be then transferred her to ingo. They let her know her money would be reprocessed and avail in 4-6 hours. Never happened. Do not count on this service ever. It will leave you in a bad situation
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.