Charged Money but no history and no receive

feiwuhanbao
New Community Member

Hi, I have been charged money from bank account but the seller didn't receive money and I couldn't find history on PayPal.

Need help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @feiwuhanbao ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

When the transaction does not show up on the Paypal account, it would mean that you were not able to log in to your Paypal account when making the transaction. The reason why it showed that it was made through Paypal is because the seller uses Paypal to process and receive payments. 

You would normally receive an email that would give out the details of the transaction. 

Now even if you were not logged in to your Paypal account, this would still be covered by our Purchase Protection Program as long as the email address on the transaction matches the email address on your existing Paypal account and we can file a dispute. 

To help you further, you may reach our chat representatives so that they can see what our options would be. They can help with opening a dispute or check if the payment was sent to an invalid email. 

You can contact our live chat representatives by logging in to your Paypal account, go to Message Center or Contact Us.

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

Thank you for contacting PayPal. 

In addition to what has been provided, If you see a PayPal transaction on your credit or debit card statement, but don’t have a PayPal account or can’t find it on your PayPal account, it’s likely that your purchase was completed through our guest checkout. A guest checkout transaction happens when PayPal is used as the payment processor, however you may not have logged in to your account to perform the transaction.

If you haven’t already, you can create a full PayPal through your guest transaction by clicking the “Activate PayPal Now” button in the confirmation email you received at the time of your purchase.

If you have a problem with your guest transaction, please start by working with your seller. If you're unable to reach a resolution with your seller and need to file a case, first you'll need to make this transaction in to a PayPal account by following the steps above. Once your account is created you can file a case in the Resolution Center. If you have an existing PayPal account, and are reporting a problem with your guest transaction, you can also contact our live chat room for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.