Charge on my credit card not shown in activity

EchosWeb
Contributor
Contributor

None of the categories PayPal's Help Center keeps sending me to apply to my situation, so I'm very frustrated. There is a charge on my credit card saying, "PAYPAL 402-935-7733 CA." I understand that this is PayPal's phone number. The problem is, (a) I never use my credit card for PayPal, and (b) no charge even close to the amount appears in my PayPal activity for the year, let alone for the month when the charge appears. PayPal keeps wanting me to select a transaction to dispute. There IS no transaction. That's the problem! How the heck do I report this? I can't figure out how to get around their blasted preconceived notions of what a problem could be. I don't even know if I've selected the right board to post this on. It's not a dispute. It's not a basic. It's about my account but not about using my account. So I picked Payments. But it's really about how the hell to get PayPal's attention for the problem! Sorry for getting heated up but I'm really exasperated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EchosWeb wrote:

None of the categories PayPal's Help Center keeps sending me to apply to my situation, so I'm very frustrated. There is a charge on my credit card saying, "PAYPAL 402-935-7733 CA." I understand that this is PayPal's phone number. The problem is, (a) I never use my credit card for PayPal, and (b) no charge even close to the amount appears in my PayPal activity for the year, let alone for the month when the charge appears. PayPal keeps wanting me to select a transaction to dispute. There IS no transaction. That's the problem! How the heck do I report this? I can't figure out how to get around their blasted preconceived notions of what a problem could be. I don't even know if I've selected the right board to post this on. It's not a dispute. It's not a basic. It's about my account but not about using my account. So I picked Payments. But it's really about how the hell to get PayPal's attention for the problem! Sorry for getting heated up but I'm really exasperated.

Was there a purchase you made with a merchant recently for that amount in-store or through an independent online merchant? The merchant could have used PayPal as their credit card processor. If not, call your card who can probably help you trace the charge or to dispute the charges.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-the-number-402-935-7733-showing-on-my-bank-or-cre...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EchosWeb wrote:

Was there a purchase you made with a merchant recently for that amount in-store or through an independent online merchant? The merchant could have used PayPal as their credit card processor. If not, call your card who can probably help you trace the charge or to dispute the charges.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-the-number-402-935-7733-showing-on-my-bank-or-cre...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.