Cash at Walmart a Joke!

Spiritinthestor
New Community Member

Tried to withdraw $200 from my balance of $245 yesterday at Walmart. Transaction went thru on PayPal end but Walmart declined it and says they dont even have a transaction for it. Was on hold to talk to someone at Paypal for over a hour. They say its Walmarts mistake. My customer is waiting on her order who paid me the money. Where is my money??

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sgwin89
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to "Get Cash" from my local Walmart on 11/6. The cashier entered my information and code, and instead of an approval, an error message printed out on a receipt that said "Unable to validate this transaction. Contact PayPal customer support". I did not receive ANY MONEY. My PayPal account showed a cash withdrawal, and my balance showed $0.00. then called customer support and was told that there was a "glitch", and they are working on it, but I could not get my money back until the issue was resolved. I was not given a time frame, only told that I had to wait. She then told me that I needed to contact Walmart, because the problem is on their end. (Walmart told me the exact opposite)

After talking to several different customer service agents, now I'm told I will receive a reversal of funds no later than 11/14. A request was put in for a temporary credit on 11/8 that I should receive by Monday. We'll see.

Login to Me Too

Jaden5
New Community Member

I have also been waiting since 11/6 from a “cash out” at walmart, I have not been told that I would get a refund instead they keep sending reports and telling me to call back within 24-72hrs. Every time I call back they tell me the same thing its just a different agent I talk to. I guess I lost out on 500$, walmart cant do anything without a reference number and it cant be regenerated, and paypal wont do anything because it is Walmart’s fault I didn’t receive any money.

It really is a joke!

Login to Me Too

Jem5000
New Community Member
Same exact thing happened to me on August 4th. Told me it would be back in my account in 10 days. After 7 days got an email ruling in Wal-Mart's favor. Walmart is who called PayPal to tell them that I didn't get any money.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jem5000,

I'm very sorry to hear that! Please reach out to customer service again to see if that decision can be appealed.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be reviewed and resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Xenosoul
New Community Member
Had the same problem at Walmart. It showed the amount on the touchpad, I hit ok and it printed a unable to process reciept. I didnt lose my money, but its a load. 8 tried twice. I said **bleep** it and found an alternative that takes longer.
Login to Me Too

sms1122
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me last night. Generated a reference number, and then it was declined when I went into Wal-Mart. It doesn’t make any sense and I need to get this cash out so I can ship the products out to my customer.
Login to Me Too

JasonYan88
New Community Member

I tried Monday night to withdraw $500 cash from Walmart and was declined. I tried second service person still failed. I called Paypal and was told there were too many calls and told me to send message on website and then hang up on me. I sent a message to Paypal online with the Walmart reference number, and was told two days later that Paypal side did not even show anything or history or declines whatsoever and then attached a standard cash withdraw procedure in the message to me, which I did exactly with nothing different. 

So I tried last night again, and the Walmart service person actually remembered me, so she and her coworker tried three times, eliminating any possible error but all three times declined. I called Paypal and this time it said it is not office hour so nobody take the call, and ask me to send message online again. I just sent another message and will see what will happen.  Cash withdraw at Walmart function is the only reason I deposit cash with Paypal, and now I am stuck. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20221223M
Contributor
Contributor
It's not PayPal. It's Walmart. See, the thing about Walmart is.....they seem to own every aspect of your life and exercise true dominion over your every living breath and thought. If the past year hasn't shown us all that, I don't know what will. Try a bank? Not much better, but no blue vests and less condescension.
Login to Me Too

SirArden
New Community Member
I've tried twice this week to get cash off of a $759 PayPal Balance at Walmart. Both times declined. The PayPal customer service is a joke.... you cannot get thru to a real person and the "chat" takes hours to respond. Tomorrow I'm going to try a different Walmart but honestly.... I'm not too optimistic. At least the $759 is still there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.