Cash-a-Check option in PayPal Google app keeps crashing.

Vespertika
New Community Member
Downloaded the PayPal app from Google play store. Attempted to use the "Cash-a-Check" option to add funds to my PayPal account by cashing a check. I accept the terms of service agreements, agree to the permissions of location, phone, etc. Camera appears on my phone's screen. I align the check within the red rectangle frame on my screen & it's supposed to auto take the picture but instead my PayPal app crashes. I submitted a feedback to the crash report popup screen. I've restarted my phone but still PayPal is crashing at that point I explained. Is there any other way to utilize the Cash-a-Check feature to add funds to my PayPal besides in the app? Any suggestions? Thank you for any input in advance.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

munch88
Contributor
Contributor

same problem mine began sept 27 when the app updated hasn't worked ever since.

Login to Me Too

Batman420
Contributor
Contributor

It wont even open. When I click take a photo, it just crashes and goes back to the main PayPal screen in the app. So frustrating Ive seen many people with this problem so any solution yet?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Batman420 

Is the app the most current version?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Batman420
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I've tried uninstalling and installing. Nothing works
Login to Me Too

Gamertagpls
I'm getting the same thing. I don't have a business account, and it used to work perfectly till about a week ago. Tried reinstalling and restarting android phone but neither worked.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting about this issue. 

We are aware of some intermittent technical issues in relation to this feature. Our technical team are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. In the meantime I recommend trying again to complete the process.

Rachael  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.