Cash-a-Check option in PayPal Google app keeps crashing.

Vespertika
New Community Member
Downloaded the PayPal app from Google play store. Attempted to use the "Cash-a-Check" option to add funds to my PayPal account by cashing a check. I accept the terms of service agreements, agree to the permissions of location, phone, etc. Camera appears on my phone's screen. I align the check within the red rectangle frame on my screen & it's supposed to auto take the picture but instead my PayPal app crashes. I submitted a feedback to the crash report popup screen. I've restarted my phone but still PayPal is crashing at that point I explained. Is there any other way to utilize the Cash-a-Check feature to add funds to my PayPal besides in the app? Any suggestions? Thank you for any input in advance.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vespertika 

The app is the only way to do Cash-A-Check. Uninstall it and reinstall again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TheFamine666
New Community Member
I don't think that will help anything. As it seems to be a problem within the app itself. The same exact thing, at the same exact time is happening to me. I've been trying all day, and so far have used all 7 of my phones and my tablet all with the same exact problem. I'm all Android, though each one of my devices is a different make/model. I'm assuming no one even looked into it since the previous post was 3 months ago in May.
Login to Me Too

edmiston99
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, but it's as soon as the app makes the call for the camera to start, I get that the "App has stopped". Tried uninstalling, and re-installing, and nothing.

Login to Me Too

AlexMae92
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is going the same thing! Did you get yours resolved? If so how did you do it.
Login to Me Too

edmiston99
Contributor
Contributor

Not resolved yet. Mine has always worked like a dream, but just this last check just wouldn't work. shutting down just as the camera was attempting to load.

Login to Me Too

AlexMae92
Contributor
Contributor
Mine too! So frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Shpongle247
New Community Member
All of the above issues are also happening to me. Android device. I have restarted device. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Never had this problem before. Obviously PayPal does not pay attention to these comments as people have brought this up months ago and issues are spreading to more people with no resolve or comment from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

CWill2
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this problem to but I'm not using a business account. I heard you can't use business accounts for cashing checks anymore . So why is mine doing it to.
Login to Me Too

Shpongle247
New Community Member
I also do not have a business account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.