Cash A Check declining check code D34

BrittanyH_87
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to cash two different checks, on two different phones, and both have been repeatedly declined. I keep getting the D34 error that the check can't be approved. PayPal customer support has been of no help, and neither has Ingo customer support, as they say they can't find the email that is associated with my PayPal account on their end. I am at my wits end. Is there ANY other way for me to cash these checks into my account without using the mobile app? Can it be done at a brick & mortar store, such as Walmart? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Temp20230525DZ
New Community Member
I'm having this problem now. I have no idea what D34 means but it's really annoying. 🙄
Login to Me Too

jedgell233
Contributor
Contributor
I see paypal is staying silent as usual. Why can you just tell us what the hell D34 means! This is ridiculous! Update: after looking around myself on Google, I found that it means "Merchant profile configuration issue". That still doesn't explain anything but that is the D34 error the system is giving us.
Login to Me Too

TaylorAmanda
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to get this fixed? If so, what did you do to fix this? I am having this same exact problem and I am running out of time to cash my check, before it expires and no one is helping me.

Login to Me Too

WillMob
New Community Member
An error code D34 means that the could not verify the check because they were unable to connect with the banks(not yours but the one the check is from) check verification system. Perhaps your trying on a Saturday or Sunday or after hours or the banks systems are down.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.