Card issues

Philzadmz
New Community Member
When I created my PayPal I applied for a prepaid card but while I was waiting my PayPal got locked and I was required to add a card so I can send money out so I tried adding my business partners card and it worked, I’ve not in anyway used the card to withdraw or make any transaction but now PayPal is asking for statements of account from that card and the problem is the name doesn’t match my name What can I do ? I don’t want my account locked Can I add my new card and it will be resolved???
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Philzadmz 

Sorry, that's now how it works. I highly doubt PayPal will accept letting you add a new card and everything will be fine. I would be shocked if they did. This account will be inevitably locked/banned because you can't provide the information and used someone else's card.

We're not supposed to add others' financial info. Why do people think that is OK to do?! Especially online. Even if you were given permission to do it by the person who own the card. 

Write a letter to explain the situation, pdf it and upload to the case and see what they will do.

In the meantime, you can still buy with a card without a PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.