Cant get access to money in paypal

sieno
Contributor
Contributor

i made quite some money selling my art and all the payments were via paypal, i live in the US but i'm an international student so i have no social security number (since i am not a citizen, i only have the student visa). Paypal doesnt allow me to do anything with the money, i cant transfer it to another account, or make purchases, it's just stuck in there and I can't do anything, because it needs my SSN, but as I said I do not have one. What should I do?? Please help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @sieno,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues gaining access to your funds. You should still be able to transfer your funds out of PayPal to your bank. If you complete the Customer Identification Program you'll be able to claim the funds to use your balance as a funding method. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sieno
Contributor
Contributor

But I dont have a bank account in the US! And I live in a community for students, I dont have to pay for water, electricity, wifi or anything, just rent, so I have no proof of address. Plus international students dont get official social security cards, just a temporary number. I live in the US but I dont have the documents there must be provide. And I really need to use the money that i earned 😕 its so unfair how money is being kept against my will when ive been a loyal supporter of paypal for years and only now this is happening!! I just want my account to go back to normal man, is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sieno,

I'm sorry that you're in a bind without the ability to add a taxpayer ID to your account. Accounts registered in the US may be required to provide a taxpayer ID and confirm things like address and identification. Without the ability to provide the documents listed in the article that Jon linked, any limitations would be unable to be resolved.

Please contact customer service to discuss the situation and determine what options there are for the handling of the funds in your account.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.