Cant find paypal card confirmation code anywhere!

WhiteMage12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am using Security Bank (Philippines) as my bank acc linked to paypal and I used my security bank mastercard to link it to paypal. Paypal then asked for confirmation code and charged my card 100 php, so I referred to my card statement and purchase history and saw that my acc got charged 100 php, but I couldnt even find a 4-digit code anywhere! I asked the bank tellers of our local Security bank and they couldnt even, for the love of all that is holy, find the 4 digit codes anywhere on my acc history and statements. But again the 100 pho charge was there, just not the code. Pls help me! I couldnt confirm my paypal link to mastercard this way. thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WhiteMage12
Contributor
Contributor
hmm okay! Thanks for the response again! I have tried emailing customer service so im gonna wait if they reply. But I have to wait before this issue gets fixed before I declare this as having solution already.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhiteMage12 

I could have sworn I read somewhere that if you do not get a code, you can use the amount and add a zero to it to get the 4-digit code or something but I wouldn't try it. I'm trying to find where I could have read that from or a PayPal moderator to come around to can confirm if it is true or not first!

EDIT: AH HAHHHHH!!! FOUND IT!!!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Archive/Verification-codes-do-not-appear-on-my-statement/m-p/186...

This moderator says that if you are trying to confirm a bank debit card, PayPal makes 2 small deposits to your bank's account, you combine the numbers to make up the 4-digit code. But this doesn't seem to apply in your case.

OTHERWISE, I suggest to contact your bank and ask them dig around for the code on their end. It could just be a problem that your bank has which does not show the code on the transaction description on the statement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WhiteMage12
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the answer! Sadly, as I said, the bank tellers couldnt even find the code because it is paypal's misdoing of charging the 100 php as POSD, so all I see on the statement of acc are stuff like C94_774_W0R5Y7, that is not even a 4-digit code so its weird... I dnt knw why credit card confirmation have to be this complicated and the fact that they charge you with no refund guarantee because I couldnt find the code is just shady tbh 😞 I hope I get help on this confirmation problem huhu
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhiteMage12 

Contact PayPal customer service to see what they can do:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (PH): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

WhiteMage12
Contributor
Contributor
hmm okay! Thanks for the response again! I have tried emailing customer service so im gonna wait if they reply. But I have to wait before this issue gets fixed before I declare this as having solution already.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhiteMage12 

The 'solution' is you being given the correct advice which @sharpiemarker gave you and so you should mark one of their posts as the solution.

We are not customer services so its not up to us to guarantee solving your problems just give you appropriate advice that may help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WhiteMage12
Contributor
Contributor
Okay then, relax sheez. Thanks for the responses either way! I shall hope paypal wont ignore this issue.
Login to Me Too

kielmontero
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this  resolved?

Login to Me Too

Hooyomacaan

Me too, how I can get

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.