Cant delete paypal cause I have a negative balance but I dont

GenVice
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to delete my paypal account and I have 11 cents in it, when I try deleting it, it says "

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Pay the 11 cents since you can't add such a little amount via add money by making a purchase with your PayPal Account. When you check out, the check out screen should indicate you have a negative balance of 11 cents and they will deduct that amount as well as payment for your purchase.  You have to pay to get out, in other words.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GenVice

Or just get a mate to use the family / friends option to send you 11 cents to clear it.

As long as they use funds in their balance or bank account it should be free.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

he is saying he has 11 cents,not he owes 11 cents.

you cant close your account if you have used the account recently,some transactions could backfire, 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

Really? Since when do you have a negative balance when you are in credit 11 cents???

''Your account has a negative balance that you’ll need to take care of before you can close your account''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Genvice said

I'm trying to delete my paypal account and I have 11 cents in it, when I try deleting it, it says "

-----------------------------------------------

He told us he has 11 cents in it,I assume it is +11,not -11.

either he needs an eye exam Or Paypal does or Both need eye exams.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

I prefered to accept paypals part of that post, they would not put the below comment if he had +11c.

Your account can’t be closed

Your account has a negative balance that you’ll need to take care of before you can close your account''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230524CE
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem as well. It might be a universal message for - or + being in the account. I had $12.50 in my account and I got the same message. I transferred the full amount to my bank account and then I was able to delete my account.

Login to Me Too

closed_account
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I had + 4 Cents and got the confusing negative balance message. Right after sending the 4 Cents to another account I've been able to close the account.
Login to Me Too

Lusicresci
How did you resolve it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.