Cannot verify bank account

teenytinytine
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve tried to a connect my bank account to my paypal a million times. I always get to the same point- I put in all my information and then it asks for me to enter a verification code sent by text message, and I have never received the text message, so I can’t link my bank account. Anyone know how to fix this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teenytinytine 

Are you sure it says text message !!!!

Sending a text wouldn't confirm ownership of a bank account or card.

The code is normally sent to your card or bank account and shows on your online card or bank STATEMENT.

This when you add the code to your Paypal wallet proves you own that bank or card account.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/FAQ3045

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

teenytinytine
Contributor
Contributor
It always says confirm by entering a security code sent via text message, and the text message never comes.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teenytinytine 

I guess you didn't actually read my reply?

You don't get a text with the code the code is sent to your bank account or card STATEMENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FlashBuddy

PayPal also uses an auto verification method where you supply your banking Username and Password. You may asked to supply additional information that only your bank can provide and when those are passed, you are sent either an email or text with your banks verification code.

Nothing to get too excited about as I've completed all the steps and end up getting an error page at the end of the process 😮

Chrome Legacy Window_PayPal_ Wallet - Google Chrome - chrome 002.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.