Cannot transfer money from PayPal to My Checking Account

newguy05
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, really frustrated with this. 

1) I am located in US, been a PayPal user for 10+ years, with the same standard US checking account linked for many years and have done the same transfer to checking account hundreds of times with no issues. No changes to the account. 

2) There are no outstanding claims pending or any issues with my account.  

3) Yet when I tried to do the same transfer money from PayPal balance to my checking account, it says "We’re sorry, something went wrong. Please try again"  I tried a few more times, same issue.  Then tried again today still same issue.  

4) Called PayPal, the customer service is completely unhelpful, kept repeating there is nothing they can do, the system algorithm is saying there is a risk with the transfer but has no further details (sigh), also refuse to transfer me to a supervisor or someone else who might be able to help. 

5) The amount i tried to transfer is around 6k, have done transfer with similar amounts many times in the past without issue.

Can someone advise what's going on, how do i get my money out of PayPal. Need to pay bills. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newguy05 

Can you use the friends / family option to send it to a mate or family member for them to withdraw to their bank accounts and give you the cash?

Or have you tried adding and withdrawing to a debit card instead OR asking customer services to send you a cheque in the mail?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.