Cannot transfer funds due to address issue

diegoloops
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I moved from Ireland to Germany almost 5 years ago, I changed my address on Paypal without any problems. For a series of circumstances, I now have to verify my (Irish) address on Paypal and I cannot as I am not living in Ireland and I do not have any Irish proof of address.

I sent an email to the Paypal Customer Service, but since 5 working days I have no response.

I really need to have access to the funds that are currently in my account as they correspond to the collective payment from behalf of a group of friends, in the direction of organizing an event.

For the moment I am happy to be in a position to either send my funds to another Paypal account or to any bank account.

Your help here is really appreciated, thanks!

Cheers,

Diego

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diegoloops 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diegoloops 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

There are some exceptions as some bank accounts can be linked to specific Paypal accounts in some countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

diegoloops
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass , Thank you for your input. When I moved to Germany I did not know that Paypal was country-specific; in addition, the fact that I could change my address, add my German bank account, transfer funds to my German bank account, etc. did not even make me think of that possibility. 

Only now (almost 5 years later) that I have changed my German address, Paypal has updated me on this topic.

I have reached out to Paypal's customer service, and nevertheless my repeated contacts, they haven't offered me a resolution yet.

Do you have any advice on how to proceed in this case?

I have quite a high amount of funds on my Paypal account that I need to invest in an event, and I would really like to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Diego

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diegoloops 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cillianbrc
New Community Member

Hi Diego, 

I have a very similar issue but the countries are reversed! I set up an account in Germany but am Irish and reside in Ireland and transferred money into my account, not knowing that accounts are country-specific. I obviously cannot verify my old German address as I no longer live there.

I am having troubling getting through to customer service due to COVID-19, so I was wondering if you resolved your issue in the end and how?

Thanks!

Cillian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.