Cannot move money from PayPal to PayPal Prepaid

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

For three days I have been trying to transfer money I have in my PayPal account to my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard that is connected.  I was able to send $100 one day, but then a few days later when I treid to send $300 it won't work.  No amount will work.  I keep getting a message that says, "Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.  If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."  When I call they tell me to wait a while and try again, but it's going on three days now and it still will not work.  When I log into my prepaid card it reads:  Transfer money instantly from your PayPal Account ($300.00) to your PayPal Prepaid Mastercard ($5.35).  Then it shows PayPal Account balance: $300.00, but for whatever reason it won't let me get to it.  I'm very frustrated that I cannot get an answer or a resolution.  

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

So, I get a reply that says I should just try smaller amounts each day.  Nothing will work.  I cannot even refund the money to the person who sent it to me. The money is sitting in my account, but NOTHING can be done with it.  I can't transfer it to my prepaid, I cannot send it to anybody, nor can I refund the money to the account it came from.  This is crazy.  My money is held hostage while I get NO answers from PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess is that multiple attempts have raised suspicion and that would be the reas you have to wait.  There may been some past transactions were suspicious or appeared to be risky so transfers are no severely limited.

Have you ever had any PayPal disputes filed?

Do you have a bank account and credit card linked to your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

I was having connectivity issues using my phone.  They told me it would be a 48 hour hold.  It's been nearly 4 days now.  I have transfered money in the past (not long ago) and I have another card connected to the account.  I do not have a bank account connected as I do not have a bank account (it's why I use PayPal).  I have messaged them and all I get is, "we don't see a problem you should be able to transfer.  Just keep trying".  Well, how long do I have to keep trying?  Just keep trying is not an answer.  They have verified my identity.  The person who sent me the money that I need to get on my prepaid card even called and told them his transfer was legit (he was also asked to reply to a text when he origianlly sent it confirming it was legit), yet they are still preventing me from getting access to the money.  The money was sent using a debit card, so there is no hold from the bank or anything.  It's just PayPal being rediculous at this point. 

Oh, and the multiple attempts are because i keep being told to "keep trying".  I need the money.  This is beyond crazy.  A day, even 48 hours i can understand, but we are now going on 96 hours.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"Needing the money" is not relevant to PayPal.  PayPal just deals with technical issues.

Did you attempt transfers using your computer or just your phone?

Money beeng sent as friends money and then you attempt to immediately transfer to another acocunt could be seen as suspicious and PayPal prevents transfer out to a card.

Not much to do except wait a few days and try small transfers from your computer.

In future PayPal may not be the best way to manage your finances. Direct transfers with Wetern Union or other service might be better.

Login to Me Too

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

It was a near (next day) immediate transfer to a linked, previously transfered to, prepaid PAYPAL card.  And yes, I tried my phone and from a computer.  They said it was my (confirmed and linked phone) that they said caused the problems because it kept dropping during my attempts to do the transaction (at the time I was in an area with limited wireless coverage and no wi-fi).

Anyway, the technical issues be **bleep**.  They've confirmed everything, so I don't see how it's still a 'technical' issues.  And using them for taking care of (manage) my finances is exactly the service PayPal claims they provide.  

Thank you for your input, but I still believe PayPal has passed the point of reasonable caution.

Login to Me Too

LilBit_69

I completely agree with you. I have been having the same issue for going on a week and a half now. I was wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was or if you was able to get the issue resolved.

Login to Me Too

katherinesmith
Contributor
Contributor

had the same problem  I tried for about 2 weeks off and on to transfer just 10.00 from my pay pal account to my card when I finally contacted pay pal prepaid , they blamed it on paypal, who in turn( you guessed it blamed it on paypal. prepaid). after about 24 hours I was advised to try  to log in to paypal and transfer my funds from there, my card was linked to my account. but the only place I could transfer funds was to my bank. I contacted them again and was told to reach out to net spend (  I do not have a net spend card) I was also told there was a restriction on my pay pal account and was asked if I had money in the account( calling me stupid) well the customer service rep was shocked when I called to cancel the card, I explained that I was not paying for a card that I could not load money on and I was definitely not putting anymore effort  into the project, I did not want them to tell me how to fix the problem I expected them to fix it and I might give netspend a try perhaps if they ( pay pal prepaid) lose a few customers they will change their tune the problem was with the card I can still transfer to my bank

Login to Me Too

Temp20201223e
Contributor
Contributor
I'm paralyzed in a nursing home and only have my Android phone.
Login to Me Too

1angelhart
I am having the same problem. Was it ever resolved? How long did it take?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.