Cannot login, appear to be in a loop

BobyAdr
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a very frustrating experience today with my attempts to pay someone via a 'pay now with paypal' button. I also cannot login when i browse directly to www.paypal.co.uk

Frustratingly I was able to login and add the community to be able to post this message so on some level it clearly recognizes me.

This issue occurs on a windows PC, two different Macs, my iPhone. I had no issues yesterday and could log in fine.

I have been using incognito mode.

I go to www.paypal.com

I click Log In

It redirects to https://www.paypal.com/uk/signin

I enter my username and password

It then prompts me to send myself a text for my 2 factor auth

I enter the code that is texted to my phone

I am sent to https://www.paypal.com/signin

I enter my username and password

It then prompts me to send myself a text for my 2 factor auth

I enter the code that is texted to my phone

I am sent to https://www.paypal.com/signin

and so the loop begins.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

majhx
New Community Member

Me too exact same problem.  Any fix?

Login to Me Too

TobiasS
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, tried with a variety of verification methods (mobile PIN, security questions)... and always looped back to login front.

Login to Me Too

BobyAdr
Contributor
Contributor

This happens in

Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox 60.0 (64-bit)

I also note other people have the same issue!

God Damn PayPal get your act together. There should be a public tweet about this to let people know.

This is support 101 you have a paypal channel why not use it! ive counted over 20 people inside 15 mins of posting this and reading your feed its quite clear there is a global issue I am astounded whoever runs your support has not implemented a policy to tweet publically during a major outage.

Their is no shame in admitting there is an issue. I think less of you for NOT tweeting about it trying to hide it.

Login to Me Too

yaronkle
New Community Member

Same issue.

Login to Me Too

jiminychris
New Community Member

Happening to me on Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Safari Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34).

Works fine on the iOS PayPal app Version 6.25.0.

Login to Me Too

anirafkram
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact same issue...was this ever resolved?

Login to Me Too

erika1969
New Community Member
Me too. I can occasionally get in if I go directly to PayPal in a browser, but it’s virtually impossible to use PayPal to purchase from other websites at the moment - I just go round and round in a verification loop. Fed up with this - sort it please!
Login to Me Too

SpyMaster356
Contributor
Contributor

For future Googlers: If you are using Opera, try using Chrome. That solved my issue.

Login to Me Too

Sorran

The issue is the 2 factor Authentifikation. I tried disabeling it, and I was able to link it to google pay. Once that was done, I re-enabled 2fa again.

Poor Workaround, but for now it does the Job.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.