Cannot link BMO bank to Paypal account.

Courteney
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a new bank Account and card with BMO. I removed my old bank card and bank info from paypal and proceeded to link my card and bank to Paypal however after going through all the details and getting to the EULA and click 'Accept and continue' I keep getting the same error that "We cannot complete the request at this time".

This occurs whether I use the BRAVE or EDGE browsers, And even gives me the same uninformative answer if using an entirely different computer. I've already contacted my bank and they said it's not blocked or disabled in any way on their end making this an issue with Paypal itself. I need to be able to connect my account as 90% of my income comes from odd jobs and without a paypal linked to my account I have no way to thusly pay my bills or withdraw anything.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Courteney
Contributor
Contributor

2 days and several attempts later and it's STILL refusing to connect the account and giving a super-vague message.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Courteney,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems adding this bank. Make sure the bank account is registered under your name and address exactly how they appear on PayPal. A bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time. If you are sure this bank account is not linked to another PayPal account then I am afraid it sounds like it is not compatible. You can use the 'Help & Contact' option to reach out to our support team by phone if you need further help with this. Once you verify your details, they will be able to advise you further on your options.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

kendrafoundit
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this exact same issue. Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Login to Me Too

kendrafoundit
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this issue and spent FIVE hours trying to figure this out between BMO and Paypal. The solution in the end was that I had to add money to my BMO account. My balance of my BMO account was at zero because I had just opened it up, so I was told to add $20 to it, and it would "activate" the account. I thought opening the account was activating it, but who knew!? Not BMO, me, or Paypal, that's for sure...ha! I hope this helps someone else save 5 hours and massive frustration. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.