Cannot get to speak to a customer services advisor regarding a refund

markiboy1
New Community Member

After exhausting all other options of trying to speak to someone, I find myself here. Hopefully someone in the community can help - the Bots that keep answering my tweets and messages can't. Quelle surprise!

Anyway, I mistakenly transferred £200 to a friend who is a new user of paypal. She has tried to send it back, but it's pending and I cannot afford to wait 21 days (this is what I have read that it can take to clear from pending). One of the very useful paypal bots (sarcasm) directed me to the requesting a refund section, my friend goes into the transaction to refund and there's no option as the payment is pending. Refunds only seem to be placed once a payment has cleared. Anyone help? If I don't get the money refunded soon, I won't have enough money in my account to cover payments coming out.

I'd love to speak to someone at paypal - they are useless.

Thanks

Mark

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lucypatron
New Community Member

Refunds for me can take up to 3-5 working days.

Date given is an estimate dependent on the senders banks processing times. 

It usually takes around 3 days for me. if you manage to get in contact with Paypal customer service, ask them to mark it as "urgent", and it will hopefully go a little faster. hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.