Cannot get $ out of PayPal - won't accept bank, won't accept check withdrawal

story27
Contributor
Contributor

I have $700.
And I cannot use cash in the account to pay for purchases - the only option is always my credit card.

I try to add bank account "can't do that. try again later."

I try to request a check - I will pay the $1.50 fee! - still same prompt.

what is going on?

there are no resolutions, nothing on hold.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@story27 

Leave account alone for a day or two, to allow any security that is triggered on your account settle down with all the repeated failed actions. If you force it, the system will try to protect itself and spit out error messages. Be sure to restart your device before carefully attempting to link bank again because bad, unstable, weak signals can interfere with processing. Restarting you device restarts/refreshes your internet connection. The issue should fix itself.

I've experienced one time not being able to do an action and it was canceled and marked as such on my account activity. I immediately backed off, logged off and waited about 45 mins to an hour, switched off and on my internet connection and gently/carefully tried again and the action went through so it does not help to do it over and over, rapid fire. It only makes it worse and longer for the system to reset/cool down. Technology can be temperamental on occasion so patience is needed for it to fix itself.

Of course if problem persists, please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Not all banks are accepted so make sure it is not an online or prepaid bank account; credit unions: eh, hit or miss. PayPal prefers traditional banks that have multiple branch locations.

Note that for some merchants, particularly for online services/digital goods require a card as back up if for some reason your PayPal balance cannot be used. This sets up a billing agreement in your automatic payment settings. Or, the system needs a credit card to verify identity/for security.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

story27
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your extensive response.
My device is a desktop PC. I have very high speed DSL with no problems anywhere (I work online)
I have tried a few times over the last month. Waited a few days. Always the same. 
Looks like I'll have to call them.
thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.