Cannot add previously deleted bank account

rektek249
Contributor
Contributor

I had a perfectly working paypal account until today. I wanted to purchase something using the paypal balance instead of the bank, but long story short, that was fixed but along the way I ended up removing my bank account. It was linked to it today. Now when I go to readd it, i get a

Spoiler
"We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date."

message. What have I done wrong and what can I do ? I currently do not have access to a phone and therefore cant call them. I tried the "email" feature but it gives me a message saying they can't confirm it's me...

Please help, I spent the past 5 hours trying to solve this issue.

Edit: Have tried using different browser, computer...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rektek249 

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/FAQ798

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rektek249
Contributor
Contributor
If. I added it before, it should work? Nothing has changed in between. It is still a canadian bank and isn’t linked to any other account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rektek249,

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to add your bank. If all the items on that list in the article @kernowlass provided are checked and you still are unable to re-add your bank, please contact customer service for assistance. For best results, a phone call should be the method of contact, to allow for real-time troubleshooting. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in to get the number to call.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.