Cannot add new Credit card

sacramennah
Contributor
Contributor

As my old card expired, I attempted to enter a new credit card (same Chase bank account). I get this message: "WE SENT THE TEXT"

I do not get a text message; there is no "other account holder" and I'm confused about what this means. Does this look familiar to anyone? Thanks for any clarification.

We sent the text

You’ll see a notification in PayPal once the other account holder responds, and we’ll show the card in your account if it’s approved.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rich

Hello @sacramennah,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time adding a new credit card. I can understand why you would be puzzled by this, especially if you do not receive a text. 

Did you check to see if your mobile phone number is confirmed on your PayPal account? If you do not have a confirmed mobile phone number, you would not receive a text. Have you checked your "wallet," or "money," section to see if the card has been successfully added? You would also receive an email when a card has been added to your PayPal account. Did you receive any notice there? 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

sacramennah
Contributor
Contributor
I eventually received a reply (1 bus. Day later) saying the ‘other party’ didn’t accept my credit card request. An hour or two of frustrating circular logic, logging into PayPal, Chase and Dashlane, changing passwords, login keys and phone numbers and I’m no further along than I was at the outset. I don’t see a solution other than bailing on PayPal and utilizing Applepay exclusively.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

I'm sorry to hear that, @sacramennah. That is pretty weird. Do you know if anyone else is using that card? Sometimes, card issuers recycle card numbers and that can cause problems when trying to add it to your PayPal account. Your best bet is probably to contact PayPal customer service directly. They can tell you if the card wasn't added because the information is being shared with another party. 

You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.