Cannot add card payment methods, nor pay on ebay

ws35
Contributor
Contributor

I've just opened a Paypal France account as I've recently moved here.

I have successfully added my French Bank account to paypal - and verified this account (with the two small payment amounts). I have also verified my email address, my telephone number and added my passport details.

I am trying to add one of my French payment cards registered in the same address and name I have on Paypal. However every payment card I try to add - I get an error message (they vary slightly, from "refused" to "try on a desktop"...)

I'm trying to buy something on ebay. When I try to pay with paypal on ebay - just to use my linked french bank account to pay, instead of a bank card - I get the pop-up to enter my paypal details but then get told that I cannot pay with paypal! 

My only alternative then is to enter card payment details into ebay, as Paypal becomes greyed out on the ebay payment screen. But I get more errors.

My banks confirm that there are no issues at their end. In fact, they confirmed that paypal have made no attempts to authorise any payments!

I've tried sending paypal a message but they only send the automated response - which I have gone through numerous times and cannot see anything I am doing wrong.

Just for clarity - none of these payment methods, email address, telephone number or home address are linked to my old paypal UK account. So I am certain there is no duplication from the old account.

I would really appreciate some help - as I've no idea how I can, or will, buy on ebay.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.