Cannot add Revolut (VISA) to PayPal Account - 'Wrong Billing Address' - PayPal still charged $1

alt123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Just tried to link my Revolut (VISA) to PayPal but got the error:

"The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again."

The billing address is the same for my PayPal / Revolut account.

I tried this twice, and I see in Revolut app that PayPal charged (successfully) the $1 authorisation charge.

Why is this happening? And I presume the $1 (x 2) will be refunded?

The first name of the PayPal account and the card (Let's say PayPal account is John Smith, Revolut is Peter Smith) - but this wasn't an issue for my other credit card which is linked to my PayPal account for some time now.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

JS_EU
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue but after several attempts (6) PayPal accepted my Revolut virtual card (VISA) - I do not know if I was lucky.

After about 30 minutes, every authorisation fee of $1 (one for each attempt) was reversed.

Login to Me Too

nuba
Contributor
Contributor

I also did several attempts with both the virtual and the physical card, but in my case, after a few, I got a message of "Invalid card" on both cards. All of the authorization fees of $1 for each try were reversed after a while like you mentioned.

Login to Me Too

AndrewMalcom
Contributor
Contributor
I can confirm trying to add it multiple times (6 in my case) solved the problem
Login to Me Too

owenm
5 attempts in my case, and then it worked. How very odd.
Login to Me Too

dgteixeira
New Community Member

Hey, any update on this? 

I have the exact same problem, and I really wanted to put my revolut card on Paypal 😞

Login to Me Too

mbotelho
Contributor
Contributor

Tried today and got the same issue, PayPal wtf??

Login to Me Too

ArnisM
New Community Member

Hi,

Yesterday was same error, but today all work.

Simple registration without any error.

Login to Me Too

ejeker

Same problem here. Paypal is rejected my addresses and cards telling me my ZIP code is incorrect when it's perfect identical with the one I have on Revolut. When I tried to add my card with '0000' as ZIP code it worked. But then merchant website still had the same ZIP code incorrect problem.

Login to Me Too

ninaduoli
New Community Member

Having the same problem.

I have for charges of $1 on my card, but the card is not added because it says the billing address doesn't match (and I only have the one address).

Did anybody got successful after a while?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.