Cannot Withdraw My Money, And Payal is not Helping as per usual

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor

I use U.S. Bank, which I have, with no issue with Paypal for years. Transfers to and from worked fine. Starting in April, when I go to transfer money out of my paypal account and into my bank account, my bank no longer shows up as eligible, neither as direct deposit or to my debit card. But U.S. Bank IS eligible, for both instant and 1-3 day transfers. I have confirmed this with PayPal and with my bank. 

I have contacted customer support numerous times over the chat over this issue, finally i caved and scheduled a call with Paypal support this morning. They never called. When I contacted support again, they just told me to sign for the Cash Account and called it a day. 

I know Paypal has probably the worst customer support out there, but when it comes to money, they need to help. So, has anyone had this issue, and more importantly, how do you get Paypal to ACTUALLY help you.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aberry89 

Did you have a negative balance or failed bank transfer around the time the bank account appeared not to work anymore?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor

No, I did not. I recently called PayPal and after a long process of deleting and then re-adding banks and confirming banks. it ended with them telling me it was a technical error in their system that it has to be fixed. When I asked what’s the approximate time for it to be fixed, they couldn’t answer that question and told me to email me when it was. Soooo... guess I’ll just wait. 

Login to Me Too

uncommon_INTJ
Contributor
Contributor
This is scary. I’m having exactly the same issue. I had two refunds clear hours after I sent them on April 23rd. My bank had been quadruple charged - twice for each transaction - NOT REFUNDED. I’m beginning to be very angry. Please respond if you find the solution.
Login to Me Too

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor
This sounds frustrating but not really similar to my situation...maybe you commented on the wrong post?
Login to Me Too

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor

Oh trust me, when this issue is figured out, if it ever is, I am closing my paypal account never to return again. The customers support is so incredibly bad for a company THAT HANDLES YOUR MONEY. 

Login to Me Too

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, all was normal.  The ONLY issue i can think of is the balance is from a UK company, so it’s in GBP. But when I go the My Wallet page to convert it, i dont see the balance. When I go to my Summary page - says $97 with “accept money” under it. It always would say this when it was in a different currency, I would accept it, convert it, and transfer it to my bank. I cannot do any these things anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Aberry89
Contributor
Contributor
After a phone call they said the problem was just a flaw in their “system” and my case has top priority to get it fixed. I don’t know what “it” is. But they told me it will be fixed eventually but they can’t really tell me when. So I guess I can’t use PayPal till that’s fixed 🤙💩
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.