Cannot Link TBC VISA card to PayPal

KingBuzz_
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Georgia (ex USSR) and have a TBC Bank VISA card, which people say can be linked to paypal, but for some reason I get the following message:

Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.

Now the VISA account IS a USD account so I don't see why I'd have problems linking the account. I've been to the bank and they say it's not a problem on their side, while PayPal Support says, it's not on their side either. It's really annoying that I've been struggling with this for 2 months now, considering my work is centered around PayPal payments.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did, how did you solve this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martin

Hi @KingBuzz,

Welcome to our Community!

If our support can see that the car has been declined by the bank there can be a few reasons. One of the main reasons we often get declines is because the name and address on the card do not match those on PayPal or it could be a technical issue with the bank or processor at the time. Please also make sure there is at least $1.50 on the card account balance, this is required for card verification, as it won't work if there is no balance on the card. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

KingBuzz_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @PayPal_Martin 

Thanks for the advice. I successfully linked the card although I have a different problem now. For some reason, my debit VISA card is displayed as a credit card. Now I have made a purchase on Amazon using that exact card (i confirmed it successfully beforehand), but Amazon did not accept the payment and used a backup card that I had linked to the account. Do I have to manually withdraw the funds to the card every time or is there another outlying issue?

Thank you in advance,

Kingbuzz

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.