Cancelling a payment made by PayPal without my consent

Elodie707
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

For an unknown reason PayPal decided to transfer money from my balance back to my bank account. I'd like to know the reason why this happened and how to cancel it?
The transaction was done today but I still didn't receive the money on my bank account, I suppose it's because it is still too early, right?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Elodie707
Contributor
Contributor

The money is already in my bank account, but I still don't understand why the transfer was made in the first place!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Elodie707,

I'm so sorry to hear that occurred! In some countries, we are required to withdraw any PayPal balance to the bank registered on the account. You do not have your country shown on your profile though, so I cannot be certain that is the reason for the withdrawal. If you believe unauthorized activity occurred on your account, I would strongly encourage you to contact our customer service. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.