Cancelled refund

Joopsy
New Community Member

I bought an item for £525 on 8th March. Paid through Paypal. Item arrived stained and torn, seller agreed to 30 day return. I took photos of the damage and contacted the seller, who agreed to return. Dress was returned via courier and was signed for. Refund was issued and was pending on my account until 31st March, at which point it was then cancelled. The cancellation date was actually 24th March, but this did not show until 31st. The merchant says that they did not cancel the refund and they have reissued it. This is now showing as pending on my account again. As the merchant says they did not cancel the refund, I contacted Paypal to see if there is a problem which may result in the new refund being cancelled also. The portal for contact online is taking several hours to respond. The operative on that portal says that they can't see any transactions on my account from their viewpoint, as they do not have access to this information. They then gave me 3 phone numbers for customers service. After the very long preamble on these numbers, it turns out that customer services is actually closed. Where do I go from here? £525 is a lot of money for me, no-one seems interested.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

charmanderrr
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi! Thank you for raising this matter to our attention. We start to process your refund as soon as the seller sends the refund to you. A pending refund usually means the seller is sending the payment directly from their bank account - depending on the banks involved, it can take up to 7 business days for a refund to be deposited to your PayPal account. Your money will be available when the payment status changes from “pending’ to ‘completed.’ If the payment fails, the transaction status will change from ‘pending’ to canceled’ and the amount will not be credited.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.