Can you use money sent by someone if you have confirmed a prepaid card?

ThatWiginiGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I got a prepaid gift card and i confirmed it. If i got sent money by a friend can i use it? I know if you haven't confirmed a bank account or a card you won't be able to use the sent money but if i confirmed a prepaid card can i use them? And if i can use the money, can i remove the card from my paypal account and still use the sent money? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ThatWiginiGuy,

Thank you for your post! There are a lot of factors that are considered when determining if a payment can be sent using the balance. What country is your account registered in? There may be a Help Center article that will help, and those are country-specific.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ThatWiginiGuy
Contributor
Contributor
I live in Bulgaria and the account was created in Bulgaria
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi ThatWiginiGuy,

Here's the requirements to send money to anyone with an email address from an account registered in Bulgaria:

1. Confirm the email address on your PayPal account.
  2. Then complete one of these steps:
  • Add a credit or debit card to your PayPal account, or
  • Add and confirm a bank account

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

ThatWiginiGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again, sorry for late response.

I meant if I already confirmed with a prepaid card can i recieve and use the sent money? I am pretty sure that you can't use money sent to you if you haven't confirmed a Card or a Bank account, but if i confirmed with a prepaid card can i use the money?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @ThatWiginiGuy,

Thank you for getting back to us on the Community Forum!

In general, adding a card or a bank account and confirming it can increase the safety of your account. For this reason, we always recommend doing so before starting receiving funds. However, you should still be able to use your balance after receiving some payments even if you do not add a card. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.