Can't withdraw funds (Kazakhstan)

ak3012
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! So, I linked PayPal to my Upwork account. They presumably have certain checks to make sure account is genuine, etc. Everything was fine, so I withdrew my quarterly Upwork earnings to PayPal. Card was linked and verified. However, when I click on withdrawing funds, it gives me a message:

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

I tried small amounts, tried different times of day, waited several days. Doesn't work. Then wrote to Support. Got following messages:

I apologize you are having trouble completing a transfer.

The attempt to withdraw the funds through your Visa card ending in xxxx is currently being blocked by our Internal Security Model and is being reviewed for 72 hours. Our internal security system checks all transactions and movements. This type of security is based on an analysis of all of the aspects of the transaction such as time, amount, etc. and comparison with transactions previously made in PayPal. If our system does not allow a specific payment method for a transaction, it is because this transaction is similar in some way to a payment that failed in the past.
We humbly request you to refrain from making any withdrawal attempt for 72 hours to make sure that the review will be complete in time and will not be interrupted. Also, please note than you can add a US bank or a different Visa card for the transfer.

Didn't help. Then I get the following message:
Welcome back to PayPal Messaging. I'm glad to assist you further. I can sense the importance of this matter for you. I can see that for this occasion, our security system has prevented this attempt to withdraw your funds since it was found that it would not be 100% safe for you and to protect you from any negative experience in PayPal and online fraud. Meanwhile, you may try using a different payment method . We also recommend to try it a later time for smaller amount of transaction and allow our system to make some adjustments on your PayPal account. One thing is for sure, this is not something that is going to happen all the time when you attempt to withdraw your funds. As soon as the system detects that there are no risk involved in your transactions, the system should allow you to process it. PayPal's security program serves as our anti-fraud which reviews transactions that are meant to protect all customers and sometimes may assess an account in good standing such as yours depending on the risk involve in a particular action.

Still, doesn't help. Finally, I get this message:
Our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe.
After reviewing your account, I can see that, for this occasion, this transaction will not go through. This is only impacting this specific transaction and it is possible you won’t encounter this problem with future transactions.
I wish there were more I could do but I have already tried to bypass this for you and it is not possible to do so. I suggest for you to use another funding source to transfer the funds to or let the system refresh for a certain period of time or as advised.
Stay safe and you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

It seems they are having fun wishing me to stay safe and to have a good weekend. Yes, without my quarterly earnings when I have a family with 2 little kids to feed. I could understand if there was anything fishy, but transfer came from Upwork (which they have a special arrangement with and they checked my identity and all). Problem is that I cannot use any other method of withdrawal in Kazakhstan. Please, advise a course of action. PayPal's inflexibility and lack of concern for people is appalling! 
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

55cadik77
Contributor
Contributor

hi, could you be able to resolve the issue. when i ask to customer service i am being told that it is automatically done by system for the security of both for the sender and receiver if it is a payment for goods. the interesting part is. i could be able to transfer my funds once (first and only yet) but it was a small amount. now eventhough the fund seems available to use the system doesn't let me to withdraw it for not a remarkable reason as i see. if this is not something temporary or exceptional i am afraid that i wouldn't be willing to use paypal to receive my payments.

Login to Me Too

ak3012
Contributor
Contributor

No, I haven't been able to resolve the issue. If PayPal was honest and let the users know that they would not be able to withdraw funds without a legitimate reason, I would never use PayPal. Now, my money is stuck there, I don't know for how long.

Hope you will resolve the issue. Let me know if you are successful.

Login to Me Too

55cadik77
Contributor
Contributor

i am sad for both of us. i couldn't resolve either and lost enough money to transfer my funds and still transferring as they let me do it maximum 49$ at once and each transaction costs 4.5$ fee. if i knew i would experience this type of service i could think twice before accepting my payments via paypal. basically i lost 45$ usd to withdraw 490$ and still losing almost %9 of what i have and i am not talking about currency rate (it could be still acceptable if i could use tansferring money option properly) too.

i feel like i lend money to someone and begging him to give it back to me even though this money is my own individual wealth.

underwhelming.

Login to Me Too

Yaachan31
may i ask which bank card you used in Kazakhstan?
Login to Me Too

cheesecake1
Hi there, Have you been able to get pass this issue? I’ve encountered the same problem ever since my old card expired and I attached a new card. I can withdraw $49 max which is not feasible to continuously do - especially with the $5 transfer fee each time! I’ve also contacted customer support but all they can say is to wait a day for the internal security system to reset or something like that. I’ve done that, but the max withdrawal is still $49. I attached this new card a month or so before my previous one expired, so it’s frustrating that it’s not automatically ‘cleared’.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.