Can't withdraw PayPal balance funds to Bank and Make Payments!

themalcolmchew
Contributor
Contributor

I have scoured the entire community floor and read all threads relating to my issue before finally deciding to post this..

Some brief information of the account:

I made this account eons ago, it's verified and confirmed with my bank account and a credit card. I recently started a side hustle gig mainly use this PayPal account to receive funds. There were no HUGE transactions, I receive mainly around SGD15-SGD20. For the first few weeks, I was able to make several withdrawals - Ranging from SGD200 - SGD550. All went through and have no issues.

Issue 1 (Withdrawal):

It was around 28 May onwards which I started getting withdrawal issues. I encountered the error "There's a problem. Right now, we're not able to transfer the funds to your bank." At first I thought it was a bug so I tried again and received the same error, I waited awhile more and tried and still got the same error. Thing is, I stuck to the same withdrawals as mentioned before, nothing drastically big that would be alarming.

I submitted a ticket through secure message center (their hotline is closed due to COVID-19) and the officer told me that upon checking my account, there was a trigger in the internal security system which flagged the withdrawal and had to wait for a cooldown (24 hours) before I could withdraw. So I complied and more than 24 hours later, I received the same error?! I messaged them again and this time another officer gave me some copied and paste paragraph which didn't help at all lol.

Issue 2 (Payments/Refunds):  

Fast forward to a few days back, I tried making a refund to a transaction (by clicking the refund button) I received but it said I could not refund due to "insufficient PayPal balance". I tried to circumvent that by manually sending a payment in and now I receive this error "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later." lol what??? Now I can't even WITHDRAW or SEND money.

I send another email into the same ticket and ANOTHER officer replied citing that oh I have to add an alternative payment method and not my PayPal balance (which is besides the point) and that I should only pay through SGD currency using my PayPal balance which is obviously what I did.

They kept reiterating that it is a trigger in their "internal security system" and they can't override it and wait 24 hours which I have duly waited for. There was no account limitations placed and I'm a fully verified member. The only plausible issue I can think of is existing disputes and chargebacks which aren't resolved yet but I have previously withdrawn my PayPal balance multiple times successfully while having open disputes.

What is going on? PayPal support is useless and I can't call the hotline because it's closed due to COVID-19. I have a growing balance of SGD2k +, I really need those funds in especially in this troubling times to tide through... Help

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

themalcolmchew
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I forgot to mention that I am still able to receive payments while having all those issues.

Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

I simply want to withdraw funds to my verified bank account as I have been doing for years, but now I constantly get the message "Add a Bank Account". What has gone wrong with the system?

Like themalcomchew I am still receiving payments to my PayPal account. It would be nice if I could add that money to my bank account.

Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

Since I first posted this question I have successfully transferred funds to my bank account. That was June 17. Now I want to transfer funds to that same bank account but I get the message Add Bank Account.

This makes no sense, because a) I only have one bank account, and b) It is obviously verified as it has been for years and transfers are possible as the successful immediate transfer on June 17 proves.

What is going on? This idiotic problem needs to be fixed.

Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

PROBLEM SOLVED! I simply ignored the notice to add bank account and lo and behold the transfer went through.

It appears that PayPal's system might have caught the Coronavirus and I just found the cure.

Login to Me Too

happykhethiwen
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, I can't withdraw. Can someone help
Login to Me Too

NorthWest92
Contributor
Contributor
Seems PayPal are having issues at the present moment as several people have commented stating the same thing. Not very good when people have money in their PayPal and can't withdraw it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.