Can't transfer money to my wallet

Sam_T
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to transfer some money from my bank account to my PayPal wallet, but it just keeps telling me "There seems to be a problem adding money to your account". My bank account has already been verified, so I have no idea what the issue could be.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

AnnJoJo
New Community Member

For 2 days now I cant transfer money to my card...weird its processing then gets denied

Login to Me Too

kellysun
New Community Member

I have a debit card set up and linked to my paypal account.  I have used it twice to receive payments, but it will not let me send a payment.  I keep getting a message that says "cannot process your request at this time."  I also added my bank account information, and I was supposed to have received two small deposits to verify.  However, I never received the deposits.  I am becoming very frustrated.  It shouldn't be this difficult!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sam_T, @AnnJoJo, @kellysun,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! It sounds like there are a few different issues here being caused by a few different things.

@Sam_T, You don't actually need to add money to your account to fund a transaction. You can fund your transactions directly with your debit / credit card or bank without having to wait 4+ days for the funds to be added into your account balance. If you would like to try to continue to add funds into your balance, I would recommend making sure you have confirmed your bank and also completed our Customer Identification Program

@AnnJoJo, Withdrawal denials going to a debit card may be stemming from the card itself. This may be caused if it is a prepaid card or the card does not accept withdrawals in this manner. I recommend trying to withdraw your funds to a different funding source. 

@kellysun, The two small deposits may take up to 3 business days to be received. If it has been longer than 3 business days and you still have not seen the small deposits in your recent bank activity, I first recommend reaching out to your bank to see if they can assist in finding those deposits. If they are unable to locate them, I recommend checking that you have added the correct information into your PayPal wallet. 

In all of these situations, if you continue to experience difficulty, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Support for further assistance. You can reach our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Malachi77
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this issue three weeks in a row when trying to make a routine transfer from my verified account. I need to have a PP assistant call me and walk through an additional verification each time. It's unacceptable, I need the system to work as it takes several days to effect the transfer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.