Can’t touch my money

Cnm1991
Contributor
Contributor
I am an artist and finally got myself a commission from my cousin. Since I’m just starting off, and have limited supplies, I asked her to send me half the money up front so I can buy the supplies I need to make the art. Now, PayPal will not let me touch the money until I can put in a shipping label, but I can’t ship my art if I can’t make it, and I can’t make it unless I have the money. What do I do? Thankfully this is my cousin and not a non relative customer... this would look really embarrassing... also. I don’t have a bank account to connect to my account either.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cnm1991 

Click "Add Tracking", select an Order Status and ask sender to confirm receipt on their end of the transaction to release the funds.

Going on a tangent: A tip for when you're dealing with proper client, not a cousin, and you want to make like a pro, is to create PayPal invoices and enable "installments" so they can pay a "deposit", then do the "Add Tracking" order status update step above if the payment is on hold.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cnm1991
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I just tried doing that, but it keeps having technical difficulties. I didn’t know about the invoice feature. Too bad it’s too late to try it that way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.