Can't send money to my other account.

Xenoclaw
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to send $50 to my other account through a card. Do I have to fill out the information that requires my SSN? Or is it another issue? I'm really confused at this point.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Xenoclaw

You're trying to send funds to your other PayPal account (to yourself)? 

You're not allowed to use PayPal for obtaining a cash advance, for yourself, or for yourself through others.

You are allowed to send funds that are already in a PayPal account balance (your account) to another PayPal account you own. For instance, from your Business account to your Personal account. But you couldn't use your linked card in your Business account to send funds to yourself—to your Personal account, because that would be a cash advance type situation. You also could not send funds to a friends PayPal account (with a card), and then have them send the funds back to you. That situation would be obtaining a cash advance through others.

I also wanted to let you know, so you don't run into any issues. If your other PayPal account that you're trying to send funds to, is also a Personal account—you should close it.  PayPal ask users limit themselves, to two PayPal accounts only. One Personal account and one Business account.

Here is a PayPal link with details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-have-multiple-paypal-accounts-faq762

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Xenoclaw

You're trying to send funds to your other PayPal account (to yourself)? 

You're not allowed to use PayPal for obtaining a cash advance, for yourself, or for yourself through others.

You are allowed to send funds that are already in a PayPal account balance (your account) to another PayPal account you own. For instance, from your Business account to your Personal account. But you couldn't use your linked card in your Business account to send funds to yourself—to your Personal account, because that would be a cash advance type situation. You also could not send funds to a friends PayPal account (with a card), and then have them send the funds back to you. That situation would be obtaining a cash advance through others.

I also wanted to let you know, so you don't run into any issues. If your other PayPal account that you're trying to send funds to, is also a Personal account—you should close it.  PayPal ask users limit themselves, to two PayPal accounts only. One Personal account and one Business account.

Here is a PayPal link with details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-have-multiple-paypal-accounts-faq762

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.