Can’t send money to friends and family

AnjeevH1
New Community Member

Hi all I need to money to a relative. However, when clicking on Send & Request, I don’t get the option of sending money to Friends & Family. I get the option to pay a seller only.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnjeevH1 

Looks like Mauritius accounts can't send friends and family payments.  Can only shop and checkout online or make goods and service payments.

You can send them a goods ands services payment and if PayPal puts a hold on the payment, they'll have to click "add tracking" and select an order status and then tell you to confirm receipt on your end of the transaction to release funds to them.

https://www.paypal.com/mu/webapps/mpp/home

Look at the Personal menu at the top. There is nothing to promote sending friends and family payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

temp20210518
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t send money to friends and family so please fix this problem
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20210518 

Nothing to fix, that option is not available in your country, you can only send payments for goods/services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

qwe54533
New Community Member

I'm in the USA and when I try to send money to a friend (not for a purchase) I can't select an account to draw from. Only if I make it a purchase. I've done this before and it worked but not now. What's up??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.