Can’t remove a bank from your PayPal account

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor

I was told

"Can’t remove a bank from your PayPal account

You cannot remove your bank if there's currently a pending payment, order or authorisation."

but I have checked all my payments, pre-aproved or otherwise and cant find any linked to the old acocunt in question. Also funding sources are listed as other means also. How do I remove the account? I have send an email via the message centre but only got an anutomated response. I also cannot send further emails due to a "quick security check" issue that also needs fixing. Not having much luck with Paypal recently 😕

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor

matter sorted over live chat.

Got nowhere with in app mails etc

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor

matter sorted over live chat.

Got nowhere with in app mails etc

Login to Me Too

kiwigerman
Contributor
Contributor

What was the solution?

Login to Me Too

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor
As stated above. Contacting PayPal via live chat
Login to Me Too

kiwigerman
Contributor
Contributor

....and what did they do or get u to do?

Login to Me Too

CasanovaCrow
Contributor
Contributor
They removed the bank account
Login to Me Too

closejan1
New Community Member

Can they reverse charges and pay with different bank. I am being charged NSF fees because the PayPal instant transfer came out of the wrong account 

Login to Me Too

closejan1
New Community Member

Are the hours for live chat Eastern , Central or Pacific? They dont specify and I cant seem to get live person

Login to Me Too

TalkingT0m

I THOUGHT I had sorted this out over chat... turns out nothing was actually done -they just told me that they had resolved it. 🙄 Months later, I'm still trying to solve this! PayPal is so bad at this that I will be closing my account after this.

Login to Me Too

Nao4
Contributor
Contributor

Having same problem here. Followed all PayPal suggestions re changing funding source in payments etc but still get message saying unable to remove,please try later. Really frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.